The “Girl Power School of Life Skills” project aims to develop social and psychological skills for girls aged 14-18 from orphanages and boarding schools in the Kiev region. In particular, the project provides the development and implementation of an educational program and a course for girls, consisting of 6 modules: “Reproductive health and sexual education”, “The rights of girls and women in overcoming domestic violence”, “Self-education, increasing personal efficiency”, “The role of women in society”,“ Development opportunities for girls in different fields and professions”,“ Leadership and career”.
Seminars of the modules will be held once a week for 4 hours. The school starts in September 2020. After that, the girls will receive practical tasks to perform during the week and present the results at each subsequent seminar. Speakers and professionals in a specific topic will be involved in conducting each seminar.
The idea of the project is to increase literacy among orphans on gender equality, methods of combating violence, skills in choosing a profession and financial independence and, as a result, increasing the level of protection of the rights of female orphans. The project envisages counteracting negative social phenomena such as gender discrimination and empowering women and vulnerable groups by raising awareness among target groups and reducing the level of tolerance to these phenomena.
- Organize and test a pilot training program “School of Life Skills” for 80 girls-orphans aged 14-18 from orphanages in the Kiev region.
- Develop mechanisms for assessing and influencing the training program in the long term, jointly with project experts.
- Train girls in the school how to recognize violence and human trafficking, psychological defense and counteracting violence, management and leadership skills, career choice and career planning.
- Prepare the program of the educational course “School of Life Skills for Orphan Girls” as a training course for testing in other regions of Ukraine.
How can you help?
- make a donation on the website of the charitymay.com foundation
- provide gifts for 80 children