Blagomay founded GO FRIENDS IT CAMP for orphan kids.
Never give up is a 100% our fund’s motto!
Our today’s goal is to create IT-future for orphan kids. Thus, we commenced our mutual project with GO Friends IT Academy. Within this project 24 kids from orphanages of Ukraine from 16 to 20 years old received an IT profession.
We are sure that kids, left without parental care, are able not only to survive in the modern IT world, but learn to live successfully and take everything from life.
During the fortnight in the spacious Child Protection Centre (P. Tychyna av., 28B) kids were attending seminars by top specialists, communicating, evolving and having great time together.
From 5th July to 12th July there were seminars for kids, and the second wave of information technologies for our orphanages’ graduates took place from 26th July to 5th August.
Why is IT-camp so important for kids?
- It’s a great opportunity to learn substantial aspects of work in the IT-sphere.
- It’s a chance to generate ideas, develop and push their projects.
- It’s a job prospect in the best IT-companies not only in Ukraine but abroad as well.
- It’s a communication with the professionals in this field and an opportunity to receive a useful advice.
- And, of course, it’s a room for communication with peers, getting a load of inspiration and motivation.
What did kids learn?
First and foremost, it was the projects’ design, Java Script, projects’ layout, basics of marketing, and project promotion.
The project’s budget was 232 435 hrn and included meals, accommodation, office supplies, excursions and teachers’ salaries.
Within the camp the kids could learn a programming language, work in teams, develop their skills and work out unique IT projects. At the end of the camp 12 participants from the Re:Villiage team, who presented a social project to help villages of Ukraine, became holders of grants for training in GO Friends IT Academy Kiev.
Helping together kids from orphanages to open the world of IT technologies!