GO Friends IT Academy project
The world of IT-technologies for kids from orphanages and boarding schools becomes a reality!
Last researches of the situation in Ukraine state that 90% of orphanages’ graduates are not ready for an independent life, 50% of them are prone to delinquency and misconduct, 23% become homeless. Our charity fund’s team and GO Fiends IT Academy decided to join forces and help kids without parental care to acquire available and modern education.
The GO Friends IT Academy project is an opportunity for every orphan kid to plunge into the world of IT technologies, to learn not only to survive in modern world, but to live an independent and successful life.
We are sure that every child is talented and able to achieve success with the help and supported by mentors.
The aims of the project are:
- to develop skills of independent living;
- to master a modern profession;
- to provide a child with an opportunity to reveal his/her potential.
What does the GO Friends IT Academy program include?
- The English language
- Life skills
- HTML/CSS Java Script
- Post-graduate employment
The process of education consists of 4 stages:
- Qualifying round. The academy accepts orphan-kids, graduates and children from orphanages and boarding houses willing to master an IT profession. The selection takes place during the interview, training, and testing during the year.
- Probation period. To understand if the kid can cope with the camp’s program and if he is interested in it, firstly we invite children to a probation 10-days camp. The program of such a camp consists of classes on programming, sports games, excursions to IT companies, personal growth trainings, etc.
- Education period. Education lasts 2 years. The main focus is on improving so called soft skills: communication skills, team work, strategy development, work tactics, and so on. We provide every student with accommodation, meals and scholarship.
- Employment. The GO Friends IT Academy graduation certificate testifies the level of a junior IT specialist. We are interested in providing our students with jobs in best IT companies of Ukraine.
The project is supported by Mykola Kuleba, Comissioner of the President of Ukraine for Children’s right, Go Friends Digital, National Children’s Council and Child Protection Centre “Our Kids”.
How can you support the project?
- To become the project’s sponsor
- To provide financial support on charitymay.com and pay a kid’s tuition fee
- To become a mentor for an academy student
- To become a volunteer
- To provide kids with computers and necessary equipment
We are open to cooperation and ready to organize together an interesting event or project to help kids without parental care.
Let’s help together orphan kids to acquire a modern IT profession and to become a specialist in this field!